Wednesday, August 19, 2020
|Location:||102 Young Rider Lane, Grandy, NC|
|Time:||10am to 2pm|
Join us Wednesdays this summer for Mustang Mornings at the Farm. Beginning July 1, the Betsy Dowdy Equine Center will be open to the public from 10am – 2pm. Visit the farm, located on the mainland in Grandy, and meet the rescued Corolla horses currently in our care. We hope to meet many of our members, and we invite all prospective members to visit too! There is a suggested donation of $10 per car at the gate.
CWHF shirts, hats, and other gifts will be available for purchase. You can also sponsor any of the rescue horses. Sponsorship includes a photo and certificate, as well as quarterly updates on your sponsored horse.
THINGS TO KNOW:
·Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
· No outside food permitted.
· Please do not bring apples, carrots, or other treats for the horses.
· No outside dogs permitted. Dogs may not be left unattended in vehicles. Service dogs welcome, but must be leashed and under control at all times.
· CWHF reserves the right to ask any person or persons to leave the property at any time.
· Max speed limit is 5mph at all times.
· Check event page or call before attending, in case of last minute cancellation. Event is rain or shine, but farm will be closed in the case of lightning or other dangerous weather. Farm may close in the event of certain emergencies or other issues with the horses.
· Gates close twenty minutes prior to the end of the event.
· Remember, this is a working farm! There are mud puddles, flying insects, and animals that poop. Closed-toe shoes are recommended. There is a bathroom on site, but facilities in general are limited.
· We are unfortunately unable to accommodate visitors at any other times. The farm is closed to the public outside of open house hours.